Sunday, December 28

Written Sunday, December 28, 2003
We have had several summer-like days. Highs in the 80’s, lows in the 60’s sleeping with the windows open.
The pool and spa have been repaired and filled but not being fond of icy plunges I am waiting for Mother Nature to warm it up. There is a heater but it cost money to turn it on so I have doubts that will happen.
Bill, Jo and Maggie arrived Friday afternoon from Arkansas via Houston.
Yesterday Marlene and Bernard came over from Harlingen so we all walked down to the flea market. While there we ran into Rod Christensen from Atlantic, Iowa who we know through our long-time association with the Nishna Hills Golf Club. That was a surprise. After picking up a few items we returned to the park and then decided to eat at Fat Daddys. I took a picture of the guys you can find it at http://community.webshots.com/user/barbie1943We enjoyed catching up on family happenings.
I finished a book yesterday, one of those you live in for awhile and hate to leave. Many years ago I read “The Clan of the Cave Bear” by Jean M. Auel and became a fan. It is a series of books set in prehistoric times. The latest one in the series took her years to finish, “The Shelter of Stone”. Ms. Auel says there will be one more. I certainly hope it doesn’t take her another 4 or 5 years.
So now I have the fun of starting a new one but for me that is like trying on new clothes; it takes me some time to know if it is a comfortable fit.

No comments: