Saturday, September 21

The Long and Short of it

 About a week ago we, had some nice weather and I opened the house and the breezeway to enjoy the fresh air. A mouse took advantage of my hospitality and made his/her way into the walls(?) of our house. I started hearing munching sounds. I could tell the sound was in the walls. I could have drawn a circle where he was munching but I was not about to let him in any further. He/She did not need my help. I started to find droppings and kept hearing indications that he had moved in.

So what to do! I lay awake at night listening to tiny mouse rearranging of tiny mouse furniture. This went on for at least 3 days and nights. We put out sticky pads but they seemed to be too smart to step on them so we added more sticky pads, 4 finally and finally they worked. He was a loner, at least we hope so.

And then we bought new phones. Mine was just an upgrade so switching was easy. Butch had not had a new phone in at least 15 years. I decided the best way to go was for both of us to have the same make and model so I could help him more easily with "issues". There will forever be issues. The first issue was getting his number transferred from Tracfone to Google Fi. This is the worst nightmare, debacle, and frustration I have had in many years. Did you know Tracfone has been swallowed up by Verizon? I didn't. They kept wanting my billing number from Verizon and that was just the first hoop to jump through. At this writing, it is still not resolved. I plan to take the day off tomorrow...maybe. I get pretty tenacious in these situations.

So now you know how I almost missed wishing Susan Brooker HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Fortuantely there is a few hours left in the day!

No comments: