Tuesday, December 12

This past week

 I have 5 minutes until I meet 'the girls' for our walk. Renie has a prior commitment but Linda and I will do our usual route and then I will come back here and finish all I can remember from the past week.

Last Thursday Butch and I took care of several loose ends. We made our first stop at the dermatologist for follow up. No cancers were found but we do have some skin issues. Minor skin issues. Next stop was at the CVS Pharmacy in Donna TX to see what the hold up was in getting my meds. I needed to contact my Iowa heart doctor to get that cleared up. And then the next stop was at Dr. Vela's office to pick up the paperwork we needed to fill out before we could become patients of his in an emergency. It is called continued care. He is in Alamo, so much closer if we needed to see him. 

And then I wanted a haircut so we stopped at Bertha's so I could get a haircut with Sally. Sally was doing a perm so it was going to be a LONG wait, we left with the idea of coming back later. This particular salon does not work by appointment. It seems strange to us but has worked for them. They have several women working there and it is always a busy place. We went to Costco and Chase Bank before returning to Bertha's only to find a second perm had come in the meantime. I gave up on the haircut and returned the next day for it. Sally told me then that no appointments are ever made and if you want any service you walk in whether it is a perm or a trim. She said it is very unusual to have two perms walk in back to back and that is what had happened.

Saturday our neighbors Bill and Sandi went to ER because she was having chest pains. She was admitted to the hospital and has been there ever since. They at first thought it was heart-related but have backed up on that. And then maybe Gallbladder. So nothing definitive yet; she is in the process of getting processed.😊

Bill and Sandi host happy hour every day at 4:00 at their place and we have been filling in. Yesterday there were 10 of us. It doesn't happen if it is too cold or raining. It is a pleasant way to wrap up the day. It is a bring-your-own drink and no controversial conversation event so we can always say a good time was had by all.

Sometime in the past week, Sandi told Butch he had a deadline for getting Christmas lights put up. He got it done!






The blue color is not paint. I took these with my phone and didn't fuss with them like I usually do.

The next ones are our neighbors. There are more now than when I took these.






No comments: