Wednesday, August 2

Who knew?

 The rest of the country has been roasting but the upper midwest has been relatively cool by comparison. First thing you know, we will be the mecca of the country as folks down south and west try to avoid the extreme heat. I am not sure we are geared up for it although Iowa does handle RAGBRAI very well.

We are back into our usual routine after Pete and Jerilynn moved out. They were here just long enough for it to seem strange that they are not here. When they were here it actually felt like it does when we were in South Texas. The neighbors are close and interaction takes place daily. Butch and I adapt well to most situations so we will this time too.

Recent Photos:

On a warm and humid day, my daily glass of pickle juice was sweating and created this look that intrigued me. Pickle juice you might ask? Yes, and I find it quite tasty and refreshing. I dilute it with ice and water, 3/4 water to 1/4th pickle juice. Oddly I am not fond of pickles.


This is a sight we pass by on the bike trail. I have taken many photos of it in the past. The pampas grass in the foreground with the tree and the field of corn/soybeans in the background.






No comments: