Sunday, July 30

Dug In

 This past week I really dug in and did things I have had on my todo list all summer but I never seemed to get to it. There is always something to do. That is just life. But now my list is greatly reduced and it feels good!

We hit the ground running when we arrived in the Spring and I set aside things, like taking care of the many items we had to bring in from the motorhome when we sold it. Having an excess of tubs that needed to find a new home or the contents done away with etc.  Low and Behold! Decisions have been made and executed!

The house is as clean as it has been in a very long time. I know it won't last. That is a truth of housekeeping that is constant. Right now, I am enjoying the moment.

Yesterday, my friend Mickey and I toured Jefferson. We drove around the old neighborhoods we lived in as youngsters and then as young married couples. We drove out to the new facility for orphaned cats and dogs and looked it over. It is plush! I said," With this fine a place to live why would they ever want to leave."

Some new rentals are on the agenda to be built and we looked at the proposed areas chosen to build the housing. It was a fun time reminiscing and looking at things with new eyes.


No comments: