Saturday, October 8

This week I...

 Took a few more photos than normal


Spectacular Fall Color


Made Susan VH's Ham Ball recipe and it was delicious. Next time I will make a double batch of the basting sauce.

 

Ham Balls (Susan VH)


1 # smoked ham

1 # lean pork

½ # hamburger

Grind meat and mix together. If you can find a store

 that sells ham loaf use that.


Add:

2 beaten eggs

1 cup tomato juice

1-2 cups cracker crumbs

Salt and pepper to taste

 

Make into 9 or 10 ham balls, place in a baking dish and

baste with the following:


¾ cup brown sugar 

1 tsp dry mustard

¼ cup vinegar

1 small can crushed pineapple


Bake 1 ½ hours at 350 degrees


(Fareway's Ham loaf is equal parts ground ham and ground pork)


And then I have spent far too much time thinking of what I need to pack for the trip to Texas! And what am I forgetting!!


The next to last Trivia session was on Thursday night as usual. Glen D. found the questions and asked them. I enjoy very much being on the other end of it now and then.


We took Mickey to Carroll for her weekday treatment on Friday. The sad part is that it is a necessary thing but the good part is we get to visit for a couple of hours and that we see how tough and determined my lifelong friend truly is. We love you, Mickey!





No comments: