Thursday, October 6

Connecting

 I have connections to at least 3 blogs. I am most loyal to the one I started in 2002. Yikes! 20 years ago! https://brooker3.blogspot.com/ I started it as a way to keep in touch with friends and family as we traveled. It also doubled as a journal. It worked well except in the beginning I couldn't add pictures. As the Blogger progressed so did I. I remember how tickled I was when adding photos was doable. I took full advantage of it. I sometimes like to look back at those beginnings.

But then... We were in Magnolia Park and I thought I should do one for the park because there were times I wanted to put only park stuff on the blog and times when personal stuff was not particularly appropriate.

Thus we have... https://magnolianews.blogspot.com/ And I kept it very much park-connected until our much-loved winter destination fell apart. So when the departure happened, Deon and I decided to keep the blog going. We still do to this day. The posts are fewer and far between but we retain the function of going back over all those years and seeing the posts of the good old days. And we add new ones as they come to us.

And then I found myself in a new park-Trophy Gardens- and was asked to start one for that park. I feared I was getting in over my head ...and I was...so I have kept it as simple as possible but it suffers for life as you might expect. Anyone can find it here: https://trophygardens.blogspot.com/ I would love to have help with it to keep it current. I do have a few rules in that regard. No rants, no negative angled posts, no personal stuff etc.

With a new policy from Blogger that they do not have a sign-up for the blogs to be delivered to people by email, the views have fallen off. I have been looking for a new solution. I have had a long-standing LOVE/HATE relationship with Facebook. Still do.  Amongst my peers, it does seem to be the one site most looked at so I will follow through with posting new blog entries on Facebook until another obstacle is placed in my way. 

I do have a personal issue with putting my personal blog, the original one, on Facebook so this will be a trial and if I get too much negative blowback I will not continue.

So here goes!

No comments: