Tuesday, November 16

Eye Appointment

 I have had my left eye giving me fits for a while now. If I close my right eye and looked out my left it was not clear at all. And I just did not feel good at all about my vision in that eye. My last exam was well before Covid, so I was due to have the situation evaluated. I hate to even tell you about the outcome of my eye exam at Thurmond Eye Institute yesterday. Dr. Hook told me that laser treatment would not show any significant improvement at this time. He said the lens in my glasses was too strong in my left eye and that if I tried some older glasses that I already have I might see an improvement in my vision for the left eye. He was right! I am wearing some glasses I had from 3 years ago and my vision is much improved! FYI My last prescription was obtained at Wolfe Eye Clinic in Ames. I am not blaming anyone because mistakes can happen to anyone. I am a bit disappointed in myself that I didn't get this figured out on my own. The solution to my problem was in an eye case in my own home all the time.

Dr. Hook also told me that the eye department of the University of Iowa is the best in the nation for eye care. He said he did an interview there once for a job but it was too cold for him. He has never lived any further North than Houston.



No comments: