Saturday, July 17

Sale Date Selected

 Mickey stopped by yesterday and we started talking about the summer and how quickly it is passing and then we decided on a date for the garage sale! July 31st it shall be! Keri has some things to be sold as do I, Mickey, and Karla, so it should end up being a sizable sale, We have a good location being on a busy Jefferson street. I will be glad to have it in my rearview mirror. It has already used up more of my thought time than is reasonable in my opinion.

My previous Garage sale dealings were carefree and delightful. They took place in Magnolia Park in South Texas. We, as members of the association, paid $2.00 for a table in the main hall and we assembled our sale items on the table. If we had items too large for the table they were put on the stage and a couple of fellows would tend to them. We started getting ready early Friday morning and at 10:00 AM our fellow park members could attend a presale and buy any items they might want. Then bright and early Saturday morning it was opened to the public and the sales would be booming! Lunch could be purchased for around $5 consisting of a sandwich, chips, and cake. At noon it was all over. I always donated my leftover items to the craft ladies who always sold the leftovers the following months with the proceeds being added to the association treasury. It was such an easy process and I miss it. Now we are doing the up North version of a garage sale and I am sorely out of touch.

Till next time!

No comments: