Sunday, July 11

It can happen

 Late last week I was looking at obituaries from the area we used to live in, Cumberland Iowa, and I saw the name David Krauth and it caught my eye. We know David and his wife Julie. They live in Massena and Butch would run into Dave now and then through his work and I would as well in my years as mayor. So we were really more in the knowledge of him rather than his wife. They would also winter in South Texas and would stop in our park to visit at least once per season and we would do the same and that is when we became better acquainted with Julie and her special brand of humor. They stayed in Trails End for many years and as luck would have it that is where many of our Magnolia friends landed after being nudged out of Magnolia.

Daves health has been on the decline for a few years so when I saw his name amongst the obituaries I wasn't shocked but I was very shocked when Julies name was right beside his! I am going to post their obituaries so you can find out a few things about these special people whose lives were cut short in a surprising way. It is a reminder that it can happen all too easily to any of us.

No comments: