Thursday, June 17

Blooming Cactus

 Years ago the boys gave me a tiny cactus for Mother's Day. It was small on purpose because we lived in our RV full time. I am guessing it was 2007 or 2008 because in 2010 we took it to Michigan with us and that was the first year it bloomed and I remember how surprised I was. I took pictures of it blooming when we were in New Orleans at Lum and Donna's place and that was also the time we found out we had been accepted to work camp at Thunder Bay Golf and RV resort in Hillman MI. So there are many memories tied up with this prickly beauty.

Fast Forward to 2019 and Mother Cactus was looking sad and she finally succumbed to her age (12?) but not before bringing forth lots of little Mama cactuses. I saved the best and hardiest one of her babes and potted it where Mama had once reigned. I also potted about four of the tinier ones in a smaller pot. Little mama has thrived much like her mother and she is blooming for her first time yesterday.

Isn't she a beauty?


And here are little mama's siblings. They are doing well too and will need to be repotted before long.



No comments: