Wednesday, May 26

Everything Takes Longer

😒 As we age things that used to take 15 minutes now take an hour. We once lived on a lake in a 3 story home and I would tackle cleaning all 3 floors in one day. Didn't think much about it at the time. It would surely be a 3-day project now...or hire it done. I did have help with the cleaning when I worked at the medical clinic. Her name was Linda and she was a story in herself.

Synopsis: She was married but getting a divorce. Her husband did not want a divorce. She wasn't sure either but her other love wanted to marry her too. Both men knew of each other. She was adamant that she loved them both and could not make up her mind. She was a puzzle to me and still is. I do not know the ending to this story so now you can stay mystified along with me. She cleaned the house very well.

Now back to the real world. I decided to paint the 3 doors, 2 in the pool hall and our home's red front door was fading to pink and needed a new coat of Simply Red (2014) paint. I thought I could whip this out in a couple of hours. It took me the rest of the day and it isn't done yet. The exteriors of the pool hall doors are still waiting for their coats.

I have another rainy day project going as well. I am putting a lifetime of photos on an external hard drive. That isn't difficult. I have done it before. But this time I am trying to label them as to the event, year, people etc. So now it becomes monumental! I might get done. It has been raining a lot but not all day.

No comments: