Sunday, October 25

Doesn't Take Much

 It doesn't take much dark, dreary, bone-chilling days for us to want to be out of here. Who expects that in October? October is supposed to be a pleasant month with a hint of frost in the air and the fall leaves showing off their colors. More and more often in the last decade or so, October looks more and more like November/December, and these past few days have crossed over the line to January. These are deep winter temps! Highs in the low 30's and lows in the teens. We have a forecast coming up with a low of 11, yes, ELEVEN degrees. Well mark my words, October, we will not give you a chance to pull this stunt on us again! If we can help it...

The forecast is looking good for a week from now. We will have a day with a high of 55 at the end of next week or at least they are holding out that carrot, so when we see that it is going to be real we will load up as fast as we can and head south.

Last night I went about making the address change to our winter one of  Trophy Gardens, 800 State Hwy 495 Lot 189, Alamo TX 78516. 

It seems that is always the first step, followed by choosing the departure date, the route, making reservations where needed, and so forth.

And now for something completely different. I noticed that Fareway had ham hocks on sale this past week. Ham hocks are clearly the best choice for ham and beans so I bought a couple. Now I have been on Keto for a year and a half and it has worked for me very well. But diving off the deep end now and then is in my nature when it comes to food anyway so last night we had Ham and Beans for supper accompanied by cornbread. It was delicious. The ham was alright for me and I may have tolerated the beans if I held it down on the amount but the cornbread was my undoing. It tasted like cake to me. Very sweet. Butch will be getting the leftovers. I have suffered enough for one meal. Every now and then I have to test the limits. And that's all the testing I need for a while. 

Oh, and on the same subject of food; on our last trip to Costco I bought a couple of Cauliflower Crust vegetable pizzas. They were a test. Butch is far less tolerant than me for any food out of the ordinary. I told him they were a test. Sometimes I don't tell him. I added some cooked sausage to it and some extra cheese and they were absolutely delicious! Butch approved!




No comments: