Tuesday, October 27

Best Ham and Beans EVER

 I simply had to share this one. I sure hope Juniors in South Texas have good ham hocks. This is my friend Liz's favorite meal.

Best EVER Ham and Beans 10/25/2020


1 Ham Hock

2 or 3 cans of navy beans (drained and rinsed)

1 onion (chopped)

3 to 4 cups broth of your choice (I used beef broth)

Directions: Add the ham hock and 1 cup water or broth to slow cooker on low for 6 hours or more.

Remove meat from ham hock and cut into bite-sized pieces. Return meat to slow cooker.

Add remaining ingredients and cook for 1 or more hours.


Only 4 ingredients and it is the best ham and bean recipe I have ever had.

I winged it which I frequently do but the outcome was so perfect I will definitely

use this same method again and again.

I also stumbled upon the best cornbread mix I have ever used. Picture below. (Fareway)



No comments: