Wednesday, April 15

Tuesdays are a busy day

Butch's therapy sessions are on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2:00 pm for an hour. So yesterday I dropped him off and made my way to HEB with mask and gloves in place. Sometimes there can be a line out the door all placed 6 feet apart as in this photo. Not today. I made my way picking up a few items and checking out, easy, peasy.

I then went back to the PT location, parked in my usual shady location and listened to an audiobook,
I had started this book a looooong time ago and it still happened to be on my Mp3 so I am finishing it. 
After Butch was finished with his therapy we stopped at Costco, since it was a cool day and Butch would be waiting in the car. Still masked and newly gloved I went into Costco where they are taking good care of everyone as well as they do in HEB. I went nuts! I have pretty much been eating the same things since  Butch's accident and I was ready for some variety. Afterward, I worried about how to get it all in my fridge space and it did indeed test my creativity.
After supper (Costco's chicken salad) we went for a ride around the park. Everywhere you look it seems like a ghost town. There are not many people left here and there are even more leaving this week.

Butch was feeling a little down about his progress yesterday and his therapist reminded him he was less than 6 weeks from surgery. He is doing well. He just wishes he were doing better than he is. A couple days ago, he went out and sat in the car checking out how he might feel about driving it. Not quite there yet but getting closer.

No comments: