Friday, February 21

Spring?

When we arrived in late October the leaves were already off the trees. That is not usually the case. The grass was sparse too so I assumed it was due to lack of rain. We have still had a lack of rain. I can only think of a few times it has rained all winter and only one was a gullywasher. Mid-February is when the leaves return and I am happy to report they are here! It is the South Texas version of the arrival of Spring.
This is also the time of year when activities and events are a bit frantic and you can attend some sort of happening every day if you choose to do so. I passed on that several years ago. Old age perhaps? I remember pulling out the gate in years past and feeling as though I were on vacation! Free at last! I made a promise to myself when we changed parks that I was not going to overschedule myself and I have pretty much stuck to it. One of the perks of being a SENIOR is being able to do and say what you choose. It is a happy time of life. One small warning to the younger generations- you do have to safeguard your health if you plan to enjoy your senior years and it is never too late or too early to start.

No comments: