Saturday, January 18

Head cold

Came down with a head cold last Wednesday. As head colds go it wasn't a bad one, just pesty and a nuisance. I was sure I had inadvertently passed it on and indeed I have as Butch is now in the throws. We are going to have to scratch our names off for the mixed doubles tournament on Sunday. I haven't been able to practice anyway so perhaps it is best.

I know I am slack in keeping current with this blog and others too. Perhaps twenty years is my limit. There have been times in the past where I felt I was burned out and used up but I seem to get past it in time. It may be too early to declare me finished yet...or not!

We are both pretty happy with our lives now.
We are happy doing pretty much nothing. Last night we watched the movie "7 Days in Utopia" It was about golf and Utopia, Texas. It was a good movie, I suppose. A bit too "Feel Goody" for me but okay for a change of pace.
We have also been watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Netflix. It takes place in the fifties and sixties and the attention to detail during the time frame is phenomenal! The cars, the music, the furniture, the whole feeling and look of the time. It is worth watching for that alone. Midge Maisel's comedy is fun too. It is very quick-paced and at times difficult to keep up with.

When nothing else works, talk about the weather. It has been fantastic this year. Yes, the Rio Grande Valley needs rain, desperately needs rain! The temperatures have most often been 70's and 80's in the daytime and 50's and 60's at night. I cannot ask for better! When they say 40% chance of rain you know it isn't likely to happen.

We are into the busiest part of the season. The park is not crammed full but it is nicely filled up and will be until mid-March when it will reverse itself.
Time to eat and I am hungry so bye for now.

No comments: