Tuesday, June 11

Yesterday

Butch went to the golf course for his walk and while there the field adjacent to the course was being mowed so he picked up golf balls. He was rather late getting home.  He found 60.

I worked outside trying to get most of those "helicopters" from the tree picked up. Ugly job but even uglier when they sprout. Tedious job but feeling up to it is a gift in itself.
These are some pics I have taken lately.
 This is a House Finch

And this is a Common Grackle. The Grackles in South Texas are much more elegant.


 And this cutie is a Goldfinch- I needed better light!
  Speaking of light, it is the sole reason I take a photo at times and this is a good example. I liked the way the light was coming through the trunk of the tree.

I found these charts to tell the difference between a House Finch and a Purple Finch. I think the House Finch deserves a fancier name, don't you?


No comments: