Monday, February 4

Superbowl post-op

Butch and I did go to a superbowl party. I did not plan to stay but I did. Butch paid for me to enter a pool and they pushed a board in front of me and said sign your name in two spaces. So I did. Those silly people enabled me to win $35! Isn't that the way? The person with the least amount of interest wins the money!
I had a good time. The women played 65 and I met some people I had not met before. The food was good. So, all in all, it worked out fine.

Oh yes, The mixed doubles pool tournament. I happened to draw the same partner I had last time and we did not do as well. Butch, however, drew the name of perhaps the best female pool player that had signed up and they won all seven of their games. It was enjoyable and I will play again. If I indeed get to have the sinus procedure I may have to skip pool for a while because bending over will not be allowed for a time. I am constantly surprised at all the compensations necessary in this aging business.
Good weather is perpetually being promised. Ain't happening. It isn't the kind that brings all activity to a halt, it is the kind of cloudy, dismal crap that brings moods down and doesn't make good photos.
The trees are starting to re-leaf after their mini fall and winter so for us lucky South Texas folk Spring really is just around the corner.

No comments: