Sunday, January 20

Funny

It sure is funny how things that I have been resigned to seem to resolve themselves in a positive way. I was not happy about our location for trivia but had decided I had done all I could to get things changed without success. However, the players themselves went to management and came up with us getting the big hall for trivia. I was surprised and pleased. There will be some unhappy card players but there are only 12 of them whereby there are 48 of us.
And then I texted with Keri this morning and found out there is a For Rent sign on the house next door south of us in Jefferson. It may not stay good news but for now it certainly is. It will depend on who happens to move in. There have been some fine people live there and then some not so fine. Time will tell.
This afternoon Butch and I are playing in a mixed doubles pool tournament. I have practiced enough to gain some confidence. Not much, but some.  They hold these events on Sunday afternoons. The other Trivia event is also on Sunday afternoon. It always comes down to choices when there are so many activities to choose from. I have told Butch that next week we are checking out the trivia event.

No comments: