Saturday, September 22

Voice to typing makes me wordier


I put together a recipe the other day called Crock-Pot spaghetti.  The outcome was a little bit overdone on the spaghetti part. I had a recipe for this years ago and looked for it but couldn't find it. The one I used was not the old one. But what I've discovered is I can modify it and make it work. With all the sauce ingredients pre-cooked or even crockpot cooked except for the spaghetti, you can add 2 cups of water to the crockpot, add the broken up spaghetti and cook it for one hour and it should be fine. I will try this in the future.
Yesterday Butch and I went to Ogden for the football game. Great-nephew Devon is working with the media/tech section of the school. He is one of the people running video and he's also part of the football team's manager crew. So while the game is taking place he is one busy boy. It was definitely football weather last night. The game score was a route. 54 to nothing. Ogden lost. I found out today that they were playing a team rated either third or fourth in the entire state. It looked that uneven. My sister Jayne, Devon's grandmother, would be very proud of him. I am very proud of him. He has been through a lot in his young life and is still a fine young man.

Our thoughts are turning South. It is a short three weeks before we'll be on the road. There is a Par 3 Golf Course connected to the park that we will be in this next season. I am taking a few clubs in case I want to give golf another try. The jury is still out.
A cold front went through yesterday and this morning's temperature was 43 degrees.  That fact is enough to bring on a severe bout of hitch itch. It is supposed to warm up again into the 60s.
 That should be warm enough to make loading the motorhome quite pleasant.
The story of Floyd and Eva Foot.
When we first started going to the park they had to be in their seventies probably late 70s. I remember that Floyd was having trouble with his hip and could not ride a bicycle. He loved riding the bicycle. They lived in Iowa half of the year and when he returned to Iowa he decided to see a doctor about getting his hip fixed. The doctors came to the conclusion that he was too old for the surgery. This was Floyd's estimation. So he returned to Texas and found a doctor there to do the surgery that he wanted. It was successful. At ninety years of age, he was still riding his bicycle. Floyd lived to be well over a hundred. his wife Eva was a very active lady. She took up tidying up Allen Hall after events up till the time she left the park. The most surprising thing about Eva was that she was a pool champion. She was winning the women's tournament at Pool when she was in her 90s. I asked Eva once what she did to remain healthy. She told me she takes a shot of apple cider vinegar every day.

Our son Jason and his wife Laura have recently started the keto diet with great success and they have a metabolism boosting drink that they drink every evening and I decided to give it a try because it contains apple cider vinegar. I have been drinking this every evening now for over a month and although subtle I can tell the difference. I recently had a fasting blood draw and my blood sugar was 106. I have not had one that low for quite a few years. I would not qualify the way I have been eating as a diet. The drink can take a little getting used to but once you do get used to it it's not that bad. I even enjoy it now. I think Eva was onto something.

Here is the recipe if you’re interested.
Metabolising Booster drink
1 teaspoon No Salt brand substitute (It is a source of potassium. They sell it at Fareway)
1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt 
1 tbsp lemon or lime juice 
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I use the cheap stuff but the recipe calls for the kind with Mother)
8 ounces of water. (I use sparkling mineral water because I like it.)
Enjoy!!

No comments: