Wednesday, September 19

Best Voice to Text


The Voice typing in documents on Google Drive works 100% better than talk to text on
Microsoft  Dictation. I can even say Peculiar Missouri!


Type with your voice
You can type and edit by speaking in Google Docs or in Google Slides speaker notes.

Note: This feature is only available in Chrome browsers.

Step 1: Turn on your microphone
To use voice typing or voice commands, your computer microphone needs to be on and working.

Devices and microphones vary, so check your computer manual for instructions. Microphone
settings are typically in the System Preferences on a Mac, or the Control Panel on a PC.

Step 2: Use voice typing
1. Start voice typing in a document
2. Check that your microphone works.
3. Open a document in Google Docs with a Chrome browser.
4. Click Tools and then Voice typing. A microphone box appears.
When you're ready to speak, click the microphone.
Speak clearly, at a normal volume and pace.
When you're done, click the microphone again.


I must thank my Great-nephew Devon Hiller for this tip. I think I might have known about it but didn't remember it. It works so much better than Microsoft Dictation. I think Devon may be my go-to guy in the future for techie stuff. He plans to make that his field of expertise and he is getting a great start.

On to other things.
 I should be getting rid of this heart monitor in about an hour and I am ready. Done deal now!

I just notified Discover Card of our trip plans. It is hard to believe that in 3 weeks we will be on the road. It can give me a panicky feeling knowing it's only 3 weeks out.  Lots to do between now and then. But Hey! It's not like we haven't done it all before. New destination makes it slightly different but only slightly. Having Keri and Leo use our house for their "townhouse" last winter simplified our leaving but now it is back to full winterization of our tiny house.





No comments: