Wednesday, June 27

The State of things

The state of Iowa cannot seem to catch a break. They had a bitterly cold winter and then went straight into summer and now we are in monsoon season. It looks and feels like a rainforest and the only moving thing that is happy about it are the bugs!

Looking on the bright side I do not have to water my plants.

I walked this morning and added a new walking partner. Virginia and I have run into each other on the trail frequently the last couple of years but today we walked together and enjoyed each others company. The time goes so quickly when you are engaged in conversation and good walking partners are not all that easy to come by so we have agreed on a time for tomorrow morning.

Butch does his walking on the golf course and lately his feet get wet. That is where he is now.

Yesterday was a rainy day...again! So we turned to Netflix. And run onto a show called Backroad Bounty, a Canadian version of the American Pickers. We watched a couple of episodes and it looks like one we will enjoy

LEAVE HERE WITH A LAUGH
I couldn’t believe that the highway department called my dad a thief. But when I got home, all the signs were there.

No comments: