Wednesday, June 6

Plans get changed

Yesterday Colleen and I decided we were going to bike the trail instead of a walk but a toothache changed it. For once, it isn't me with a toothache. I could change the direction of this blog entry right here but I won't just yet. So Colleen went to the dentist this morning instead of biking with me. I am sure I had more fun.
I haven't ridden for a while so it was a pleasant trip down to the bridge and back despite the dark clouds lurking in the northern sky. We dodged a storm as often happens in the slot we occupy. I could veer off on that subject too but won't just yet.
I took several photos on the way to the bridge and also at the bridge. Some critter lost his life under the bridge from the sounds of it but I was unable to see the action and I don't think I wanted to.

Back to the first veering off subject-Toothaches
As many of you know I had dental implants in my lower jaw way back in 1998. It wasn't all that common at that time but I said then and still say now it was worth every penny. It was the closest thing to having my natural teeth that I had ever experienced. Once again I was able to crunch on raw veggies and eat steak. Nuts were a particular favorite. But I digress. I have always had a problem with plaque build up and I also had this with the implants. I went to the dentist twice a year to get the plaque removed from around the implants. On one visit they suggested to me I might want to consider a laser treatment and after looking into it I decided to do it. The dental tech told me I might be able to go as long as 3 years without having it done again. It has been three years and I have not had one minute of a problem with plaque buildup or the problems that ensued from that and I am not seeing any of the symptoms that would lead me to believe I need another treatment yet.
Here is a link if you want to check it out.
https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/laser-use-dentistry

And here are the photos I have taken recently.






No comments: