Friday, June 8

It has been a long day.

I have been having some chest and abdominal pains of undetermined origin. So today was the big day with an ECHO test followed by a chemical stress test and then a doctor visit to hear the results. I have really dreaded the chemical stress test because I had heard things that made me very nervous. My friend Mickey told me they were nothing. Mickey has always had the chemical ones because of injuries when she was a teenager that made a traditional stress test undoable for her. And she was right! Not bad at all. This took all morning with testing starting at 8:00 am and ending at 11:50.
The results were worth it. Dr. C. said I have a strong heart of normal size with a few "electrical" issues, no blockages. We will have another look in September while still monitoring the electrical issues. For me it was the very best outcome. So now the other problems I have been having are most likely gut related. Knowing the heart is most likely not the culprit was reassuring.
One step at a time...

Then this afternoon Butch had a couple of cancers removed from his face. His turn this week. My turn again next week! This is not what we hoped for this summer. Oh, the things we need to do to stay healthy??

No comments: