Thursday, December 7

Doctor in Texas

No, there is nothing wrong with me. In fact, I am probably healthier and feel better than I have in a long time.
On my last visit for a check-up of the surgery on my face, Dr. Poag spotted a place he thought should be biopsied. "Suspect" he called it. It has improved greatly since we have been here. In fact, it is kind of hard to find. I am following doctors orders however and made an appointment with a doctor we have gone to in the past. And he is referring me to a dermatologist in McAllen.
I have become diligent with sunscreen and wearing a visor so I am thinking it is okay.
We had planned a Mexico trip to see our friendly pharmacist, Hector. It was cold, (40's) and misting so we decided to wait for a more weather friendly day. After all the todo of my summer with doctors, I am down to one prescription medication. I am very happy about that.
Before the doctor appointment, we decided to check out a restaurant a block from the clinic. It was a place we had frequented in the past but then it closed. It reopened but we just never stopped there. I had noticed lots of vehicles around it. It is called Diana's and it is on Bridge Street. The back room was loaded with Winter Texans and the front room was full of locals, all men. One whole table was law enforcement. We were in the front and I was the lone female. The food was good and we will go back if we are in the vicinity.
So we came back home and essentially hunkered down and kept warm. Ham and Beans for supper.

No comments: