Tuesday, October 17

One week today

It is one week today since surgery. I would not label it an easy week but not a difficult one either. Glad to say it is past and look forward to easier days ahead. I have a checkup later today with my regular doctor and I expect to hear all is well.
For the record, I never needed anything stronger than Tylenol for pain. Butch has had several surgeries in the past few years and each time a script for oxycodone has been prescribed. He has never felt the need to fill them and I didn't either this time. I think they should be reserved for the worst of pain. Much in the news of late.
We have been going for a walk each day. Still not up to my usual on walking distance but will be soon.
 Future Plan: For right now the plan is to move into the motorhome a couple of weeks before we leave ( November 10ish). Last year we didn't move in soon enough and found we forgot several items. We are hoping the weather holds for us.
I have scoped out a couple of routes for us, both of which we have taken before. Very surprised to find that one was 49 miles further than the other. I am thinking we will take the shorter one this year. Actually, it is the one we have taken most often in the past.
Butch is out doing some putting away of summer things. He is working on the rain barrel right now.
In a conversation this past weekend I said,"No, to me, just means a detour." The guys got a chuckle out of this because they know the truth of it. Jason suggested it could be a family motto.
Smileycons!

No comments: