Wednesday, October 18

My hometown friends

My hometown friends and family have taken very good care of us. Mickey suggested we get meals delivered from the senior center and I agreed it would be an excellent idea. I worked at the senior center in Cumberland for nearly 15 years so I am very familiar with the system and its benefits. I would readily recommend calling your senior center if having surgery or something else that impairs your cooking ability.
 In addition to that Mickey and Keri started us off with nutritious and delicious meals. New friend Sharon McQuillen brought us a chicken casserole that was better than any I have ever made. And yesterday for supper friend Pat Limburg Rusnak brought us a delicious soup and bread. It really hit the spot!
Butch is wanting to get rid of his Mr. Pickypants label so he has been eating things he would normally pass on. I have been impressed! I told him to quit looking at his food too closely. Over-analysis is part of the problem I think. There are many foods I would not eat as a child that I now find quite tasty.
It may not last but for now he is doing very well. In addition to that he has been very attentive and helpful.
Smileycons!

No comments: