Friday, October 20

Almost

Butch and I walked almost my full route on the bike trail this morning. We only cut off about a half mile of the 2 1/2 that I normally do. There are several construction projects happening on the trail and it is fun to keep up with them.

We have been getting meals from the senior center (congregate meal site). I set that up before surgery and I perhaps would not have needed it as long as I have, but the food is good and it kept us from needing to think too much about what we would eat and when. Those meals provide 1/3rd of an adult's daily requirement. We have one more delivery on Monday and then we can start working on my frozen stache of food. You really should consider using that service if your situation suggests it. Some people mistakingly think it is for low-income seniors but as I worked with the program for so many years I know that is simply not true. If getting a meal is hard for you in any way and you are a senior, it can literally be a lifesaver. The food has been very yummy!!

Bill and Jo are coming to the Hy-Vee Market cafe in a few minutes to connect with their Jefferson relatives.



No comments: