Sunday, September 24

Hulu

We are starting a 30 day free trial of Hulu. I tried Hulu way back when it was free and I was not impressed but it has been more than a decade so I thought I would see what I think about it now.
I am impressed by their wide range of offerings. For instance, Butch and I missed the first episode of Dancing With The Stars and Hulu carries TV shows and so we were able to see it after the fact. I am impressed how they handle commercials. You still get commercials if you go with their cheapest package ($7.99 a month) However they show all the commercials in the first 30 minutes of the show and it is commercial free after that AND they tell you how many commercials there will be and how long it will take! It is like knowing how far it is to the next town, much easier to take when you know.
I signed up for their free month because I wanted to watch The Handmaids Tale. I have read the book, listened to it actually but it held my attention and won awards. We are nearly finished and will continue to get more experiences with Hulu. At least until October 21st when our month is up. So far I am saying we are at least 50% probable of keeping it. After all, $7.99 is the price of a sandwich!

No comments: