Wednesday, August 23

A Free Day and with Photos

It is rare these days to have a free day with out somewhere to go. But today is one of those beautiful days! Butch is golfing and I rode my beautiful bike to Winkleman's Switch and took a few more photos than usual along the way. As I was riding along I was musing on how old my bike actually is and I figure it is at the very least 27 years old!
Today was a gorgeous day on the trail. 10:00 AM start- No breeze, or very little-sunshine overheard- moderate temps in the 70's. Could not be more perfect!
I stopped in a few places that were different for me, stood in one spot and took photos all around me.











At Winkleman's Switch- Soybean field





As I came back to town I spotted these quail on the trail and they seem to have very little concern for me although they did keep their distance. I was very happy that they slowed up enough for me to get their picture!
Northern Bobwhite Quail
And then after researching, I find out this quail is relatively rare!
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Northern_Bobwhite/id





No comments: