Friday, September 23

Thursday-Painting

Went to Karla's in Ogden to help her paint her living room a very soft gray. She has a new couch on order and it will be a darker shade of gray. Her living room will be very pretty when it gets all put together with her finishing touches and a  nice calming place to come home to after a days work. We also had fun working together on a project. We finished up today. Butch came with me today and did a couple of chores. Then we lunched at The Lucky Pig and followed that up with Devon's homecoming parade. Devon is in middle school, plays the trumpet and is manager for the football coach. All this and gets good grades too! I was very impressed with the middle school band. They sounded very good and much better than the varsity band. I was surprised and I can get away with saying so because I do not know who I might be offending. It seemed the middle school students took their job far more seriously. I tried my best to get a picture of Devon but all I managed to get was one leg!
Devon is marching to the right of the tuba player.





Finally took pictures of the backsplash. I hate to admit it but this was not a pleasant experience. It kept falling off the wall and I laid awake nights trying to figure out what to do about it. Elmer's Spray Adhesive was the solution. I wished I had some on hand before starting the project. The backsplash we used from Lowes was much easier and adhered very well.
Now that the solution has appeared to work we are once again happy with the look of it



No comments: