Monday, September 19

Computer story to share

Way back before we retired we played Bridge with a group of friends. We always had food involved in our sessions of course. One time Sue served a frozen fruit cup and it was special so I asked for the recipe. That was several computers ago and over the years I have had a variety of ways to save recipes. One of my ways of saving back in the day was in emails and really, saving emails as files is not something I would recommend these days. I am wanting to make this special recipe for an upcoming event so I began a search for it. I looked in my current places and it dawned on me it would not be there so I did a simple search, within my computer, for Sue's Frozen Fruit Cup and up popped an email file. I clicked on it and you can imagine the smile on my face when this is what I saw-


Recipe:    Sue's Frozen Fruit Cup        8/2/2006
Category: Desserts
Author:   

1 1/2 C. Sugar
     1 C. Water,(Or Apple Juice)
     2 cn Mandarin Oranges,Drained
     1 cn Crushed Pineapple,Do Not Drain
     2 pk Frozen Strawberries,Thawed
     5    Bananas

[Note: This is the only way I can get Butch to eat fruit. ]
Combine sugar and water  and heat till sugar is dissolved. Cool to room
temperature. Combine with remaining ingredients. Place in foil lined
muffin cups and freeze till solid.

 If you make note of the date on the recipe let me assure you that I obtained the recipe long before that date. 8/2/2006 reflects the date I saved the email as a file.
This little story started my day off on the right foot. That and getting my walk done.


No comments: