Wednesday, August 17

Too busy living...

I had to go back and find out where I left off. Sunday, sister Theresa,niece Karla and Butch and I went out to Roger Conant's farm for an annual Zimmerle gathering. My mother was the youngest of seven Zimmerle's. Roger was married to my cousin Sherry. Roger still hosts a gathering for that side of his family. Joanna , his daughter, helps him with all of it. It was a great time visiting with cousins. The original seven, the children of John and Myrtle Zimmerle are all gone now but when the cousins were all small getting together at Grandma Z's in Herndon was not all that unusual. A great time was enjoyed then and now.

Monday must have been quite mundane because I do not remember much of it. I did have one computer student Monday evening. She has been coming for a few weeks now. I really like working one on one.

Yesterday Butch and I went to West DesMoines to get a new battery put in my phone.We dropped the phone off then went to Costco while Chuck worked his magic. When we returned Chuck told me it was a good thing I had the battery changed because it was bulging and would not have lasted much longer. He said he thought it was bulging because it was thicker than the new one. He also assured me I had bought the right one. An assistant of his also cleaned up excess apps and other stuff I didn't want or need that may have helped my phone run slower. So it is now behaving like a much younger phone.

It also was brought home to me that you can not always tell what someone looks like by listening to them on the phone. Chuck may or may not be a nerd but he looked like a well-dressed, well-groomed businessman, wearing dress slacks, shirt and tie and closer to my age than I imagined him to be. I was impressed with his knowledge and the way the business was run. When I am ready for a new phone I will be paying them another visit. I called several Verizon stores looking for a tech to put a new battery in before I remembered Chuck. And before you think replacing an internal battery in a phone is easy, rest assured it is not. I think Chuck is a rarity in the phone repair business. I now have his number in my phone under Chuck Phonefixer.

Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer
Cell Phone Store
Address: 5010 Mills Civic Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA 50265
Phone:(515) 225-7169

No comments: