Friday, January 15

Busier than usual day

Computer class this morning where we worked on cut, copy, and paste.

And then Butch and I went to Walmart to discuss drug prices. I was very lucky in that there were no lines so I had the full attention of a druggist. I like the store-on Salinas in Donna- and I like the pharmacy personnel. They are patient and helpful. I asked this fellow many questions about prices of various meds and then I said, "Thank you very much and now I am going to Mexico to buy them." I said this with a smile and then, "I suppose you hear this all the time." He said, "Yes, but when I buy my own I go to Mexico too." Also said with a smile. Nice guy.

So then we go to Mexico. LOTS OF PEOPLE! I have not seen it that crowded for two years. Both parking lots were full. There were also many Federales. Camo guys with lots of guns patrolling the streets of Nuevo Progresso. We ran into Jim and Janet Rader and joined them for lunch at Arturos. The Pancho's were good. Not as good as Garcia's but better than Elsa's. We are sure missing Garcia's for Panchos. My own version is getting better as I practice.
Got home about 3:00. We feel like that is a busy day for us.

No comments: