Monday, May 11

Weekend

We went to the auction on Saturday and all we purchased was a step ladder for $2. It will stay in the storage shed so we do not have to carry one back and forth. I saw a few items I might have liked but they did a bundling trick and I didn't want them bad enough to deal with all the extra stuff attached.
We have all the furniture and other items we need so now I have to get possessive of our space or it will disappear like magic. We have attained the place where it is time to enjoy what we have worked so diligently to get. It is still fun to be at an auction and watch.

Last night was a stormy one and Lake City, located about 45 miles northwest of us was hit by a tornado. Right in line with it was Rockwell City where my sister Myrla lives with her husband Scott. I called her after it was over and the tornado was about 3 blocks from her house. It was what they call a multi-vortec tornado and I do not know what that means, but I am guessing it was multiple tornadoes in one. We experienced some periods of heavy rain and that is as bad as it got in Jefferson.

Last winter I bought a pressure cooker and I liked it. Yesterday I used it to cook a frozen pork loin with potatoes carrots etc and it was good. Today I made apple pie oatmeal and that too was good. I plan to use it more frequently so it isn't a learning process every time I touch it. If you have a favorite pressure cooked meal tell me about it!

No comments: