Thursday, October 30

A settling in and quiet time

Haven't done much the last couple of days. Laundry and other ordinary things is all. I have done a couple of bracelets come to think of it. That was fun. I have a third one started.
And then...
I am having a fight with myself in my mouth. This will most likely bore the daylights out of most of you. But this is the message I sent to my dentist just a bit ago and explains it all. Also keeps me from writing it all again: 2 months ago I became dehydrated and had a bad taste in my mouth and a blocked or sluggish salivary gland on the right side of my mouth. It became quite red and swollen and I was not able to wear my bottom plate for a few days. I started using Chlorhexadine right away and when that did not clear it up  I took a Z pak ( Azithromycin)and that took care of the bad taste but my mouth was still sore. Not severe but pesky. I was still able to wear my lowers and manage eating but still 1-2 on the pain scale. I attributed it to the sluggish salivary gland and still do but yesterday I had a "tooth" ache around the right implant and it was a 6 on the pain scale. I took my plate out and noticed puss around it. Scared the bejeebers out of me. I rinsed with Chlorhexadine and started another Z pak assuming there was infection in there somewhere. I got pain relief rather quickly. But... what do I do now?
I haven't heard from him yet but it hasn't been very long.

Butch played golf yesterday with Mike Bryce. I didn't think he played bad for being on a new course but he wasn't thrilled with it . He did say he had a good time. His attitude has matured in the last 10 years or so.;-)
Butch is going to do some interim washing on the motorhome. Get the bugs off the front and wash the car. And that reminds me of a great tip! Dryer softener sheets do a fantastic job of getting bug guts off the vehicle. Dampen the sheet and wipe away. Hardly any elbow grease needed.

So we are just chillin' in Texas and enjoying ourselves.

No comments: