Wednesday, September 17

Phew! behinder I am!

Georgia son Rich came for a visit and we had a great time! Jason and Laura came over too. A & W was our lunch spot choice because it is a favorite of Rich's and 3 of the 5 of us ordered rootbeer floats. They looked yummy but I chose a less caloried choice and Mr Pickypants doesn't like them. He likes root beer and he likes ice cream just not together.

After lunch we took a ride in the Belltower and it was the perfect day for it-sunny and clear. I did forget my camera and my phone, however Chris H. who was so kind to take us up outside usual hours did take a group photo of us and said she would send it to me and as soon as she does, you can be sure I will post it here.

Then we came back to our house and had dessert that Keri had prepared for us. Pecan Pie and Strawberry/Rhubarb pie. Super delicious! Meant to take pictures of them too because they looked as good as they tasted but I have found that when I get caught up in the action I forget all about my camera.
After dessert we gathered in the new room (wonder how long we will call it that) for an afternoon of lively conversation and reminiscences.
It was a great day all around and we enjoyed it thoroughly!

And now for some pictures I have taken recently...
I walked over to Mickey's night before last and spotted these roses a foot or two off the sidewalk. I think it is one of my better shots of the summer.


This house belongs to a hoarder. The people do not live here but I understand that they own several houses like this and they are all packed full of collected "treasures". So much so that you can not walk through the place. Colleen thinks it looks like Sleeping Beauty's home. Somebody needs to wake that girl up!!

No comments: