Tuesday, July 8

The work commences...

Russ came yesterday and placed the boards for the floor. Then Butch and I laid the moisture barrier in the bottom and then put in the insulation. Russ brought his grandson with him today to get the sub-floor down. I have a good view from my computer. I was just now watching Russ as he was waiting for his grandson to saw a piece of wood for him. Unknown to him Russ's hands were making the motions as his grandson was doing the work. Much like a mother works her mouth when feeding her baby. It made me smile. Grandson Tyson is a grown man but Grandpa Russ was mentally guiding him none the less.


Yesterday I tackled my hostas. They are on the north side of the house and have not been doing well. I thought perhaps they were getting too much competition from the grass so I cleaned them out and then placed some landscape fabric around them and laid down mulch. It was a big chore but they look nice now. I am hoping they will thrive. Also Butch will be able to tell more easily they are off limits for mower and weed eater.

No comments: