Sunday, May 4

Big Saturday

Butch went out to Leo and Keri's in the morning to mow so I walked on the bike trail. It seems like a very long two miles without my walking buddy, Colleen. I took my camera along and snapped a few shots.


LOCOMOTIVE TURNTABLE-below
Built in 1881. The round block of concrete was used as the center pivot  for a turntable on  which narrow gauge locomotives and tenders were turned around.
The Wabash, St. Louis and Pacific railroad from Des Moines was eventually extended to Spirit Lake.

                                   Spring in Iowa on the trail

                                     Plum Blossoms

                            A mile and a few tenths from this sign to home
                              Asked this fellow to pose and he did.
Butch came home at noon and Jason called asking if I would play golf if Laura came along and played too. Butch had asked me earlier if I wanted him to buy a family membership. $200 as opposed to $150 for a single. After much thought and consideration I said yes. So yesterday was my first day. I have to play at least 4 more times to get my money's worth. So the four of us played. I would have to say I just played at it. I forgot to take water and that was a mistake but otherwise it went fairly smooth.
After golf we came back to Jefferson and had a sandwich. Very enjoyable day with the kids. Always is.

No comments: