Sunday, April 27

Most unusual

Smileycons!

We experienced a Midwestern thunderstorm this afternoon. Most unusual. As a rule the thunderstorms in South Texas are on the wimpy side, at least in the winter months. We have not been there during hurricane season, nor do we want to be. Midwestern thunderstorms are rambunctious in comparison. When it has been awhile since such a storm has been experienced it is cause for pause. Not that we were scared or anything. It wan't quite that bad...just noticeable.

This morning we installed the IKEA headboard. Pictures will be forthcoming when I get the completed package ready for viewing.
There seems to be a fair amount of interest in our bed due to the fact we copied it off our RV bed. I plan to do a "feature" on it. I do need to inventory the storage items hidden beneath it. You take 5-6 months away from half of your belongings and you lose track of what you have and where it is. I do not imagine that will improve with age.

Also I made an inventory and spreadsheet of my canned goods. When your supplies are spread all over the place it is hard to keep track of what you do and do not have on hand, thus ending up with duplicates. For the minute I feel in control of the situation. We'll see how long that lasts.

To back up a bit, Yesterday we ate lunch at Pizza Ranch with Leo and Keri, their daughter Erin and grandson Brady. It had been quite awhile since we had seen Erin and Brady so it was great getting caught up. That Brady is growing like a weed. He will be two in July. We started a game with Brady where he was in control of what we did. He would raise one arm and we would all follow suit. Two arms up and we all complied. He thought this was a real hoot being the leader of all these silly adults.

I snipped a couple of Amanda's photos from Facebook. I found out that Papa Gary counts on me doing that because he is not a Facebook guy but keeps track of the blog. I now feel it is more important to keep that up.
So here they are...
Doesn't this look peaceful...

This boy loves his food.


No comments: