Saturday, April 26

Up to Snuff

I think I am close to being fully up to snuff. Today I did a variety of boring things, like cleaning out flower beds, cleaning some of the motorhome, resewing the mattress in the motorhome. Some of you know about the last item. The new mattress we bought last summer had a malfunction. The main cover on the basic mattress split on the side. I chatted with Overstock and after much hassling back and forth they gave me a $50 compensation. Hey, it started at $20! At any rate something still had to be done. I decided to try sewing it back together with quilting thread and we did that today. I was amazed and pleased with how well it worked. Looks good as new and it appears that it will hold.
Late afternoon Leo called...that would be Big Leo...and he wanted to get a walk in so we walked on the bike trail. I would say we walked a short 2 miles and then we joined Keri at the local BBQ restaurant for supper. We enjoyed the meal and great conversation.
Butch took the checkbook out to pay his dues at the golf course. He came home and said, "That didn't work." It seems we were out of checks and I had not noticed. Perhaps I am not completely back to normal after all.

I am also in the process of shopping for insurance. Dirty job but every now and then you simply must do it. When we turned in our two claims for the windshield-one on the car and one on the motorhome we found out we have a $500 deductible on comprehensive. Butch did not realize this. In the olden days glass was always taken care of. Somewhere the change went past us, so we are looking at $1000 for the two windshields. It seemed our premium was rather high as well thus the search. That is still a work in progress and most likely will be for awhile. Hey, we are retired. We can do this. Still a pain in the butt.
So that was our Friday.
All days are better for me than last Sunday. Of that I am positive!
Add on: I thought I had already posted this. It went into drafts without me noticing...but its here now!

No comments: