Thursday, February 27

Greene County meets in Texas

The Greene County Iowa people who winter in Texas get together at least once a season and yesterday was the day at Olive Garden in Weslaco. Some of the comments heard; "Worst winter ever" "I have never made so much soup and chili as I have this winter" " Our golf day is on Tuesday and it is always the worst weather of the week on Tuesday" "I hear the frost level in Iowa is 50 inches deep" "I am not going north too early this year". Everyone agrees it has been a doozy of a year and I think that applies to the entire USA. We all still live with hope in our heart for better days to come.
Sunny South Texas has been once again smacked in the face with a cold snap. Just as we think the last one has made its way through another sneaks its chilly toes in the door.

No comments: