Sunday, January 12

Balldropper Blogger Barb

These days it has been hard for me to keep up with one blog much less two! I was shocked to see it had been several days since the last entry on this blog. That will get me chewed out by a few unless they also keep up with the other one www.magnolianews.blogspot.com.
So what has kept me hopping? Computers of all shapes and sizes. In most cases I feel up to the task and it  keeps me up to date, on top of tech stuff, retaining the things I already knew as well as enjoying it very much. I return north each spring and for the most part just do my own stuff. May get a phone call or an email with a question now and then but that is about it. And then I come back here and think, "What can I possibly teach them that they do not already know?" So the first session or two can be me getting back in the groove. But then things start coming together. Last Friday was particularly productive.
We learned-
how to copy a recipe from Facebook, paste it into a Google drive document and save it to the cloud.
how to convert any file to a pdf using Primo pdf.
how to investigate an error message.
Not bad for a bit over an hours time. Keep in mind the above was done by people who have been coming faithfully for quite a few years.
But then I have people come who are not sure how to send an email and they get intimidated thinking this class is not for them so that is why I am starting a beginner class next Friday after the advanced class.
I would very much like to get a class started in Jefferson if I can ever figure out a way to do it. Perhaps I can start out with 4 people in my kitchen! The different levels of skill is an obstacle but not a big one. My goal each week is for them to leave knowing at least one new thing.
Smileycons!


Butch has upped his pool playing activity this year, participating in  several leagues as well as each evening from 6:00 to 8:00. Brother-in-law Bernard was telling Butch about a game they used to play called Cribbage Pool. So we looked up the rules and the guys are trying it and liking the variety it gives them. Thanks, Bernard!
Smileycons!



No comments: