Monday, November 11

Well, Here we are...

They say a cold front is coming but I am sitting here with the windows open and outside temp is 72. It is rather difficult to have a firm grip in your head that it really is fall and very close to Thanksgiving. It always seems a bit weird. I doubt that would be true had we grown up here. The propane guy came today ($2.80 per gallon) and he was telling Butch that when he grew up here they did  not have sand burs and now they are everywhere. I have no idea of the validity of his recollection. The sand burs are abundant and painful That much I do know.
Here are a few pictures taken in the last few days and explanations of same.
These are oranges and color is not an indication of ripeness with citrus...a little known fact imparted to us last season when we purchased grapefruit at Thompson's Grove. And these two oranges are ripe and ready for eating.

The Gordon's and the Stilson's were at Riverside for tenderloins and I asked them to turn around. Peg was sure I would rather take one of her butt. Her grandson, Austin asked me when he was 4 if I wanted a picture of his butt. I said yes. He is now 13. I should try to find that picture.

This is probably a hibiscus but I am not certain. The color is this brilliant. I did not enhance these photos.


There is an abundance of wildlife in the cactus as indicated by the nest below.

  A Mockingbird gets a drink at the Van Houweling residence.

No comments: