Wednesday, November 13

Cold Day

You get acclimated to your surroundings and the ambient temperature of same. If you have a temp of 85 with high humidity one day and a high of 60 the next day with a north wind you are going to suffer from the cold as if it were below zero.  So yes, it was cold today...damn cold. We did take our two walks today but I for one walked at a much faster pace than ordinary. And we did not see people standing on corners waiting to find someone to engage in conversation.
We had soup for supper and I will call it Throw Together Soup. Made with leftover rotisserie chicken. I started off with a can of chicken broth and a handful or two of chopped onion, celery, green pepper and celery-cooked for 5 or 10 minutes then I added a can of black beans,washed and drained, corn,drained and rotel diced tomatoes and then I added a couple of cups of chicken chunks and a couple of 1 inch slices/chunks of velveeta cheese. Butch said it was a winner. I thought it was mighty tasty myself. Sometimes those things just work out.

No comments: