Friday, November 22

Sweat to freeze

This morning it was so hot and muggy you would not believe it wasn't mid July in Iowa and then at about 3:00 PM it started to drop as the "blue norther" came barreling through. Lightning, thunder, wind and rain...lots of rain and as I write it is still raining and the furnace comes on periodically. Now mind you at 3:00 PM we had the AC on because it was nearly unbearable at 87 degrees and about 95% humidity. Current temp is 51 and dropping. They are telling us we are in for an entire weekend of temps in the 40's with daytime temps and night time temps not differing very much. Now we have had this kind of weather in the past but not in November for crying out loud! So we are all hunkered down for a long winters nap. Actually Butch is in the pool hall. It was raining when he left and it is still raining ...hard, 2 hours later. I have plenty of activities to keep me busy but the old guy will surely get restless although he is much better about that than when he was a young man.
I plan to get some baking done and some drawers cleaned and perhaps some beading. Butch has started watching the Downton Abbey series on Amazon so that should entertain him for quite some time. He is still in the first season. I am looking forward to the new season. I think the date is January 5th, 2014. In Iowa I watch PBS a bunch. It is my favorite station. Down here it is owned and operated by the catholic church and it is very different experience from what I see in Iowa.
Butch and I were thinking about Elise this morning and how her Nana Susan's pantry is her favorite feature of  her grandparents home. Butch says it is her own Home Shopping Network. After a meal she wants to check out the pantry for dessert. When we were there she chose Pringles for her "dessert". She is quite the little lady.
Yesterday I washed up 4 average sized sweet potatoes and threw them in the crockpot on low (High for 4-5 or low for 6-8) and they were the best sweet potatoes I have had in a very long time. Keep the skins ON and do NOT add water. It is my method of choice for sweet potatoes from here on out. Loved them and so did Mr. Pickypants!

No comments: