Wednesday, October 9

Who Knew??

Who knew it was going to be an unusual day. Yesterday they called to tell us our chairs would be delivered on the 10th. Great news as we will be able to head south on the 18th and most likely will do so. So Jason was coming over to help his Dad get the old chairs out of the moho so the new ones can go in. Jason called to say he was coming over and Laura was coming with him to walk the course and did I want to go with them. I thought it a good photo op so decided to go with them. I was bemoaning the fact we had not seen a train as I planned to get a good shot of one. The golf course is perilously close to the track. Finally here comes a coal train and we are in the right place.


There are many good apple trees on the golf course.


Here comes the train!


Right after I took this shot a severe percussion took place and my left ear hurt! What happened was a failure of a brake system between two train cars. Suddenly there was a separation in the middle of the train as two cars started spreading apart and brakes were squealing and burning! Never have I seen this before!
The train is stopped...both halves.

This is the western part of the train

A tractor taking corn to Jefferson turns around after being told of the difficulty.

This fellow is waiting for the front half to come to him to be hooked up again.

This is the eastern half of the train.
That was the first event of an unusual day.

The golf goes on...I spotted what looked like a storm shelter so I opened the door to check it out and was very surprised by a daddy mouse who calls it his home. It was like I had caught him in his underwear. We were both surprised!
After golf we decided to eat at 209 Main in Paton Iowa. We all enjoyed a great meal and when leaving the area we notice a big fire and drove by to check it out. Still not sure what it was all about but it looked like a very large pile of corn stalks burning. I think it may have been intentional. I do not get good night pics so won't post that one. But here are some other pictures I took today.
The ceiling of the Greene County Courthouse

A very old tree on the courthouse lawn.

A unique rock on the golf course.

A moldy fence

Iowa landscape in October.


No comments: