Wednesday, September 25

Today's ride

This was today's destination for a total of 13.2 miles and after I turned around I was thinking I may have bit off a bit too much but it was soon okay.

On the ride out a kitten was on the trail and quickly scurried into the brush. I assumed it was a feral cat.

I was wrong. More on that later.

Graffiti Bridge

 Daubendiek Pond- This is not very visible in mid-Summer. More so now.
 

Graffiti below the bridge...years of graffiti.

A jaw bone of ??

Bullhead Farm. Why Bullhead Farm? Used to be Bullhead Lake many, many years ago.


Soybeans are almost ready

Hanging in there...

Thistle

Kitten running after me for the 2nd time!

I know...I should not have stopped...but I did.
Very friendly little thing...so I put her in my bike bag and she rode quietly home with me. I called PAWS. They returned my call and said it may be a couple of days before they can take her off my hands.  She is in the garage-sleeping on the mower seat. Very happy to be there even. Will not let her in the house. Sure wish Chet and Irma lived next door so she could make their acquaintance. They are even softer-hearted than I am. And this little sweetie deserves good people.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you didn't keep it.