Thursday, July 25

First social event

First social event is coming up next Saturday. I have invited the J.I.G's women for lunch. My cooking angel Keri is preparing the food and that takes away much of the pressure. I love it because I will be able to relax and enjoy my friends in our mostly completed house. I have spent the past couple of days deciding where I want pictures and paintings with the input of fellow J.I.G.'s member Sue Durlam Lucht. Today with the help
of Butch I have been hanging artwork and artifacts and for now I think I am DONE. I also ordered a pleated shade for the west window because we were having sun issues late in the day. Denise Van, another J.I.G.'s friend told me about www.selectblinds.com. What a great site it is and very easy to navigate for made to order blinds and for custom made blinds the price is super as well.
Butch is about half done with the garage but it looks 100% better. Cleaned up and organized. I may be able to get back to making bracelets sometime soon.

One hobby I have continued and that is photography so here are some shots I have taken lately.
 My friend Colleen is a Stacker of Rocks...no, really! She has even had people pay her to stack rocks. These are rocks Jason had collected so she stacked them. As you can see it is definitely an art form. She usually goes to collect rocks at the river if someone wants some in their yard or flower garden. Sounds like fun to me.

Is it starting to look lived in?

 During the RAGBRAI week I saw this fellow camping early one morning. I must say he picked a very good spot. I almost didn't see him. He was in the skateboarding enclosure.
 Another Bee Balm picture. I love this little lavender flower that looks like fireworks.

No comments: